After being away for almost two weeks, the site and smells of home have never been so lovely. Summerfest was great, but by the end I was very ready for it to be over and to be home doing my own thing again. Summerfest for us means 11 days of extrovertism, which Dan handles with ease, but I have to work at each and every day, which left me utterly exhausted!
Yesterday I spent the entire day at home. As a homebody, most of my favorite days involve just being home. As I walked around the house and yard I kept noticing all of the things in those moments that I truly love about our home. So, I thought I'd share those things with you today...
1. Our cute little green house, with its blooming hydrangeas.
2. The pots of impatiens on the front step that completely filled out while we were away.
3. The way the midday sun pours into my sewing room.
4. The cuddly kitty, who is very excited to have us home.
5. Our kitchen, already filled with signs of homemade food and garden bounty.
6. Our content and clucking chickens.
7. The random little petunias, which must have sprouted from last year's seeds, that I found growing next to the rain barrel.
I've been immensely enjoying all of these things and I'm looking forward to getting back into a bit of a rhythm around here. Hooray for home!!!